The Uniform Solution won't open, unable to connect to SQL.
The Uniform Solution is powered by a Microsoft SQL database application that runs separately in the background of your computer. SQL is configured during the install process to start automatically during computer startup. On occasion there may be an instance where SQL does not start. This is most often caused by an anti-virus, security permissions or condition of the operating system. When The Uniform Solution is unable to connect to SQL you will receive an error message and then directed to the SQL Login form. Before you can login into the SQL instance and use the program you must start the SQL instance in the Service Manager. Follow the steps below to navigate to the Service Manager and turn on the SQL Server Instance.
1. Click on your Windows Start button
2. Type the word Services to pull up the Windows Service Manager. You can also navigate to the Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
3. In the Service Manager search for SQL Server (USWSQLEXPRESS) and single click to highlight.
4. If the Start button is displayed the service is not running. Click on the Start button.
5. If the Stop, Pause, Restart buttons are displayed then SQL is running and will want to try opening The Uniform Solution again. If the program still does not connect contact Technical Support at 1-800-286-8929.
Can I merge my duplicate customer entries?
The Uniform Solution+ SQL Server does allow the customers sales history to be merged. To do this you can right click on the customer record that you would like to merge. You will then be prompted to select the customer record you would like to merge with. After merging the records you will have the option of deleting or keeping the original customer record.
How can I export my customer information?
Exporting customer information can be used for third party email software, birthday lists and other promotional purposes. To export customer information simply follow the steps below.
1. Select the Customer Icon to open the customer list.
2. Select Filter Settings
3. Select Has Email
4. Select Ok
5. Select Filter Activated
6. Select “Tag Options”
7. Select “Tag List”
8. Your list of customers with emails will be displayed with a checkmark in the left column.
9. Select “Tag Options”
10. Select “Export Customers to file”
11. Set your Report Criteria
12. Include customers with incomplete addresses. This is on Tab#2 Options Tab.
13. When this is complete a file will be created in a .CSV file and can be opened with Excel or a free CSV viewer such as CSV’ed.
How do I add the product line for a vendor that is not in my list?
Adding the products can be done quickly and easily through the Catalog List.
How do I do a return/exchange?